[Buildroot] Reminder about your pending Buildroot patches

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Wed Apr 22 20:39:28 UTC 2015

Hello Thomas,

Le 21/04/2015 14:56, Thomas Petazzoni a écrit :

>  - package/openvmtools: enable openvmtools kernel modules
>    http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/441785/

This patch needs to be updated since the last openvmtools bump.

With the previous version, I was able to build all kernel module with 3.2.64
kernel but the build was broken 3.4+ kernel and with 3.2.64+ kernel due to a
backported patch.
As Karoly said, most of those drivers has been merged upstream (3.18~3.19), I'm
not sure we want to add a lot of patches to be able to build with stable kernel
release 3.4.y, 3.10.y, 3.12.y, 3.14.y.

Nevertheless, we can add this option with a big warning and say that the kernel
modules has been build and tested with a limited number of kernel version, at
least 3.2.64.

>  - package/gdb: disable shared build for host-gdb
>    http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/449686/

See also, http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/460494/ but I'm not very convinced.

Best regards,
Romain