[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2015-08-05

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Fri Aug 7 04:07:27 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> Hello all,
>
> Brendan, Alexey, Vicente, Jérôme, Bernd, Max, Julien, Clayton, Gustavo, Yann, please have a look below.
>
> >          arm |                    audit-2.4.3 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/549492270f3f43747a96a8326aef1d7ae1d3b213/
>
> Not sure what's going on:
>
> cannot find Scrt1.o: No such file or directory
>
> Waldemar, it seems to be a uClibc issue. Do you have some idea?

The reason for the failure is an unsupported combination of
PIE and static.

I found a thread about it here:
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-02/msg00260.html

With Linux it seems you need dynamic linking of a PIE executable.

PIE is hardcoded in audit Makefile.am, so we would either need to
make it conditional for static builds or disable the package for
static builds.

best regards
 Waldemar