[Buildroot] Issue with host-erlang-rebar causing timeouts

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Aug 19 21:02:51 UTC 2015

Arnout,

On Wed, 27 May 2015 23:18:11 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

> > 23332 pts/5    S+     0:01  |       \_ python ../buildroot-test/scripts/autobuild-run -c autobuild-run.conf
> > 23969 pts/5    S      0:00  |       |   \_ timeout 28800 make O=/ssd1/thomas/autobuild/instance-2/output -C instance-2/buildroot BR2_DL_DIR=/ssd1/thomas/autobuild/instance-2/dl BR2_JLEVE
> > 23970 pts/5    T      0:19  |       |       \_ make O=/ssd1/thomas/autobuild/instance-2/output -C instance-2/buildroot BR2_DL_DIR=/ssd1/thomas/autobuild/instance-2/dl BR2_JLEVEL=4
>                  ^
>  This means that the 'make' instance either got a SIGSTOP or ptrace(). Is there
> some administrative process running on that machine that is doing something
> funky with it? Or is it the autobuild-run script that is sending some signal?

This machine is gcc75, so I don't really control all what is happening.
But not much seems to be going on on this machine.

The autobuild-run script does send a SIGTERM to subprocesses when the
main autobuild-run process is killed. But this is normally not the
case, unless you hit Ctrl+C.

>  Have you tried running it within the timeout? Maybe that one is doing SIGSTOP
> or ptrace() for some reason...

I haven't tried running without the timeout, but I've tried to do a
manual build of host-relang-rebar *under* timeout, and it worked just
fine.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons