[Buildroot] [RFC 00/37] efl bump to 1.14.2

vj vicencb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:09:09 UTC 2015

Hello Romain,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Romain Naour <romain.naour at openwide.fr> wrote:
> Hi Vicente
>
> Le 21/08/2015 19:56, vj a écrit :
>> Hello Romain,
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Romain Naour <romain.naour at openwide.fr> wrote:
>>> Hi Vicente,

>>> Yes, sorry I haven't looked at your issue yet.
>>>
>>> libmount seems to be optional and can be disabled with --disable-libmount:
>>> https://github.com/RomainNaour/buildroot/blob/efl-1.15.0-v1/package/efl/efl.mk#L35
>>
>> Without that dependency it failed with 1.14.2.
>> When I saw the dependency was not there in 1.15.0, I just added it
>> again without checking.
>> Just now I've tried it again without that patch and it's fine, so, you
>> can forget it.
>> Sorry for the hassle.
>
> It's ok ;-) I haven't heavily tested with a minimal config.
> Maybe next time can you post the last ~100 build log lines, it not always easy
> to reproduce a build issue...
>

>>> But since it's not recommended to disable it, I'll apply your patch :)

>>> Can you report your issue to the efl mailing list ?
>>
>> I know it would be better to have it fixed upstream, but have no time
>> for that now.
>> If you would like to, feel free to report it.
>> To debug it, it helps enabling the WRN and DGB macros in eina_module.c.
>
> Well, I can't really report an issue that I can't reproduce.

Do you mean that the fb backend is working for you?
Are you crosscompiling with upstream vanilla gcc>=4 for arm?
It might be a compiler bug too.
I'm using musl gcc 4.9.3 build with buildroot itself.
gcc 5 seems broken for arm crosscompilation.
Just for completeness, the compiler I'm using was build with:
buildroot.version=2ebbb7fe355c18a0be3d0fb8e50997142113c46b
BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_a8=y
BR2_ARM_EABIHF=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON=y
BR2_HOST_DIR="/opt/arm-buildroot-linux-musleabihf"
BR2_OPTIMIZE_3=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_MUSL=y
BR2_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_25_X=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_CXX=y
BR2_GCC_ENABLE_LTO=y
BR2_GCC_ENABLE_GRAPHITE=y
BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION="-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8
-mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard"

> See, I reported the issue about SDL2 dependency and it's now fixed in the efl
> 1.15.1. So, I can drop the last patch and avoid to autoreconf the package.
>
> Also, I'm probably not the good person to report an efl issue.
> Honestly, I don't know what to do with -fvisibility=default.
> It would be better if you can send just an email to the enlightenment mailing
> list to report your issue.

Is "enlightenment-devel at lists.sourceforge.net" the correct mailing
list for an efl bug?

>>> Ha indeed recommanded is used in Config.in prompt
>>> (my French was turned on sorry ;-) )
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing!
>>
>> Thanks for adding musl and maintaining efl!
>
> You're welcome!
>
> Best regards,
> Romain

Regards,