[Buildroot] Newbie boot and fs mount question

Mathew Benson mathew.benson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:07:35 UTC 2015

How do I mount / from sda1 rather than RAM disk?

Sorry for the simple question and let me know if there is a better forum
for this.  I'm new to buildroot and busybox and haven't compiled a custom
kernel in at least 15 years.  I'm using the latest version of buildroot as
of this weekend, used the predefined i386 config, and built with kernel
version 3.8.17.  It seems to boot just fine but it appears the file system
is mounted from the initial RAM disk.  Any change I make to the file system
is volatile.  What do I need to do to make it mount / from sda1 instead of
the RAM disk?