[Buildroot] Nginx package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Dec 26 09:58:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:27:58 +0100, Geoffrey Ragot wrote:

> I have a question related to packages dependencies.
>
> I have a case where i want to compile nginx with some additionnal
> modules (luajit).
> I can define modules paths in the nginx config, but i don't find a way
> to say buildroot to compile these additional modules before nginx,
> otherwise than modifying nginx dependencies.

Well, look at nginx.mk, there are plenty of examples:

ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_NGINX_HTTP_SPDY_MODULE),y)
NGINX_DEPENDENCIES += zlib
NGINX_CONF_OPTS += --with-http_spdy_module
endif

If BR2_PACKAGE_NGINX_HTTP_SPDY_MODULE is enabled, then zlib is
guaranteed to be built before nginx, and the option
--with-http_spdy_module will be passed to the nginx configure script.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons