[Buildroot] updating the beaglebone black defconfig

Craig Swank craigswank at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 30 20:01:24 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,
Have you been able to confirm overlays (and the device-tree) work with
buildroot and beagleboard/linux?

When 'echo BB-W1-P9.12 > /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots' the
w1-gpio module should get loaded and it doesn't.  My overlay works as
expected on a Robert Nelson debian beagle bone, so the overlay is not
the problem.  He also confirmed that his overlay works with
beagleboard/linux, so the kernel isn't the problem either.

I'm just curious if you've tried a custom overlay yourself and had
success.

Craig