[Buildroot] grub2 and 2015.02-rc2

Gary Partis gary at partis.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 12:58:10 UTC 2015

Hi all

I use BR2_ROOTFS_POST_IMAGE_SCRIPT to generate a disk image after completing
a build, and most of the commands work great using the "hosted" versions
within the build (ie. dd, parted, mkefs, e2cp etc).

However, when calling "grub-install", it throws back the error

/home/gary/buildroot/buildroot-2015.02-rc2/output/host/usr/sbin/grub-install
: line 79: /usr/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: No such file or directory

as it is attempting to access a file in the host's filesystem, and not the
"hosted" version.

Is there a simple workaround for this, or am I missing something really
obvious?

Thanks in advance,

Gary Partis