[Buildroot] Setting up audio/video playback backends on raspberry pi

Lou Crittenden loucrittenden63 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:44:42 UTC 2015

Hello all, I am in the process of setting up a minimalist buildroot based
touchscreen multimedia player and was wondering how to get the audio and
video backends working properly. I can play a file with mplayer (no
arguments) from the console and there is no sound. I also have alsautils
and pulseaudio installed, as well as the gstreamer framework, but still no
go. I would like to get some info on how to configure it, please. For the
display, I have one of those waveshare32b displays I got working thanks to
Peter Seiderer's help (thanks Peter!). I'm now on the audio and video
playback backend configuration stages.

Included in the attachment is my buildroot configuration.