[Buildroot] support for cortex m3/m4 with newlib

Cjw X cjwfirmware at vxmdesign.com
Thu Jan 15 22:57:32 UTC 2015

I've been working on modifying buildroot to support cortex m3/m4 processors
against the newlib library.

This way I can use buildroot to build RTOS's for those processors. I've
been using buildroot for years to build linux systems and I would like to
expand that for the smaller processors with different operating systems.

I am making some progress. The toolchain already works. I'm now starting to
go down the road of supporting RTOS's.

I'm going to keep going regardless, but I wanted to check to find out if
this interests the community.

Does this interest people?

-Chris