[Buildroot] setting up xorg in buildroot

Lou Crittenden loucrittenden63 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 04:46:56 UTC 2015

I was wondering how to set up X in buildroot to work with the waveshare32b
display, and to where it will work with the touchscreen we got working
earlier. I have xorg and xorg-server installed, but when I run it as root,
it outputs: "*Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting*" when
I run it on my raspberry pi. It outputs "server must be suid root", but
oddly when I run it in a qemu-based raspberry pi emulator, it starts up,
but I can't use a keyboard or mouse. I was also able to get X to start up
at boot by editing /etc/init.d/rcs, but with the same symptoms.