[Buildroot] host-python build issue

Zoltan Gyarmati mr.zoltan.gyarmati at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:24:48 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 10:56 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Zoltan Gyarmati,
>
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 10:40:32 +0100, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
>
>> i got some time to look into this:
>> my system has the file /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h , but that doesn't
>> have the missing definitions. On the other hand there is an
>> /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h.oss3 which has them...
>> Consequently the build error itself clearly not Buildroot specific.
>
> You have the oss4-dev package installed, right?

Yes, and the files of the package:
$dpkg -L oss4-dev
/.
/usr
/usr/include
/usr/include/linux
/usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
package diverts others to: /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h.oss3
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/oss4-dev
/usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/copyright
/usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/oss4-dev/README.Debian

I didn't notice before that the header file in question was diverted, so
after removing the package, host-python builds properly, thanks for the
hint!

>>  I created a small patchset though to make the ossaudiodev module
>> optional (like ssl, zlib, etc), and disable it for the host-python
>> build. Should i submit it?
>
> Yes, please.
Will do

--