[Buildroot] Setting up audio/video playback backends on raspberry pi

Lou Crittenden loucrittenden63 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 02:02:43 UTC 2015

You're right, it is the snd-bcm2835.ko kernel module. After doing some
digging I was able to find it at
/lib/modules/3.12.28/kernel/sound/arm/snd-bcm2835.ko

I had to load it with

insmod /lib/modules/3.12.28/kernel/sound/arm/snd-bcm2835.ko

(I had to do insmod initially with my display to test it).

I am now listening to my music as I type with buildroot on my pi.

Do you know how to get this module to load up on boot so I don't have to
load it by hand every time?

Thanks in advance.