[Buildroot] Package python-pyxml missing?

Ryan Barnett ryan.barnett at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Jan 30 00:42:08 UTC 2015

Shawn,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Shawn Rose <sr at ecoventsystems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the python-pyxml package suppose to be included in the latest builds?
>  I just did a git clone git://git.busybox.net/buildroot and the package
> buildroot/package/python-pyxml is missing.  I also do not see it on
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/ on the master branch.

That package has been submitted for inclusion into buildroot with the
following patch:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/427112/

> Why I ask is my python-setuptools crashes on for me when I use any of
> its functionality with the error ImportError: No module named
> xml.dom.pulldom   I believe this is due to my python xml package being
> missing.

Please apply this patch to your clone of buildroot following these
instructions (section 21.3.1):

http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#_reviewing_and_testing_patches

If this patch works for you, please add a "Tested by:" to the patch
following instructions in the section linked above.

Thanks,
-Ryan

--
Ryan Barnett / Sr Software Engineer
Airborne Information Systems / Security Systems and Software
ryan.barnett at rockwellcollins.com
www.rockwellcollins.com