[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 22 15:14:51 UTC 2015

Dear Alexey Brodkin,

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:06:01 +0000, Alexey Brodkin wrote:

> Looks like this is because a missing commit in uClibc -
> Remember that discussion - http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/uclibc/2014-September/048597.html?
> That was applied to uClibc-ng but not to uClibc which we closely following.
> Will ping Bernard once again because patch still applies perfectly fine.
>
> Sent a not to Bernard asking to apply it to uClibc master.

Good luck to get anything merged in uClibc :-)

In the mean time, maybe we can get this patch in
package/uclibc/arc-2015.06/, or you could carry it in your Git
repository ?

> I bet this is a pre-built toolchain back from arc-2015.06-rc1 days.
> Please update it to something more up to date. At least I cannot reproduce this with
> newer toolchain.

Right.

> > >          arc |                   zeromq-4.0.5 | NOK |
> > > http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/9ba4de85136e9ac4a68dcb7ee4285e03168d4a15/
> >
> > Toolchain problem:
> >
> >   CXX      libzmq_la-sub.lo
> > socket_base.cpp: In member function 'void zmq::socket_base_t::event_connected(std::string&, int)':
> > socket_base.cpp:1157:1: error: Internal consistency failure: cfi row mismatch [-Werror]
> >  }
> >  ^
>
> This is a known thing in arc-2015.06 release.
> So please consider prebuilt toolchain update.

I don't understand this one: arc-2015.06 is the latest release used in
Buildroot. Why would rebuilding the toolchain solve this?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons