[Buildroot] Grub (or syslinux) on target

Andy Aspell-Clark andyaspellclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:47:27 UTC 2015

I am developing a distro which will be booted over a network (using
PXEboot). once booted into an initramfs it will auto install a root
filesystem to the (prototype) VPX X86 SBC.

I cannot remove the 'drive' from the embedded system to attach it to my dev
system.

I need the booted distro to include an installer for a bootloader (grub or
syslinux would do).

How do I make buildroot build a bootloader and place it in the target
filesystem instead of in the host filesystem (along with it's dependancies)

--
<http://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyaspellclark>

Asimov: "Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance
to those of us who do."