[Buildroot] systemd not working properly?

Maxime Hadjinlian maxime.hadjinlian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 11:48:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Maxime Hadjinlian
<maxime.hadjinlian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 7, 2015 23:03, "Thomas Petazzoni"
> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Maxime Hadjinlian,
> Hi Thomas

>> > So this particular issues, is due to the fact that for some reason,
>> > systemd doesn't like the fact that ttyAMA0 is a serial-link. If you
>> > delete the link in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ and
>> > recreate it to point to getty at .service instead of
>> > serial-getty at .service, it will boot up fine.
>> > I am still looking into why it doesn't work. I am exploring some idea.
>>
>> I still see this issue today. Can we fix this to have something that
>> works properly out of the box?
> Sure things. I'll keep that in my queue for Friday :).
So after verified and talked to you, here's the definitive answer to that:

If you build your kernel through Buildroot, you'll have FHANDLE
selected if you use systemd as init.
If you build your kernel any other way and don't select FHANDLE in the
kernel's configuration, you'll end up with exactly this problem.