[Buildroot] NFS Server on Buildroot Target

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jul 13 23:33:12 UTC 2015

Dear Steve Calfee,

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 16:21:48 -0700, Steve Calfee wrote:

> I finally got the nfs server working maybe 2 years ago. Search for a
> patch email (later withdrawn) titled:"Fix nfs server for a read only
> rootfs"
>
> Long story short, nfs requires your rootfs to be mounted r/w or the
> temp paths must be fixed to be writable.

We finally took some time to fix that up and the latest Buildroot
master should work fine thanks to:

  http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/package/nfs-utils?id=aec5af98caf65b8ad08db4f372527a0503bb381c
  http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/package/nfs-utils?id=a23d336fbdba575321cfddadf7d671810559b056

Do not hesitate to test it and report back your results.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons