[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 22 11:20:47 UTC 2015

Dear Nicolas Ménégale,

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:04:34 +0200 (CEST), Nicolas Ménégale wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> > >          arm |                   cppcms-1.0.4 | NOK |
> > >          http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/58d3d2605337fe1ce49d333cb712941711276100/
> >
> > Weird C++ problem:
> >
> >   error: 'template<class T, class A> std::size_t
> >   cppcms_boost::hash_value' conflicts with a previous declaration
> >
> > Nicolas, you are the original submitter of cppcms, can you have a
> > look?
> >

> I just reproduced the problem but I have a different compilation error on my workstation:
> error: ‘converter_to_utf’ was not declared in this scope
> error: ‘converter_between’ was not declared in this scope
>
> I added in CC Lucile which added the support of uCLibc, in the case she would have an idea of what is going on.
>
> I continue to investigate on this problem.

It is worth mentioning that the failing configuration at
http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/58d3d2605337fe1ce49d333cb712941711276100/
uses glibc, not uClibc. However, this toolchain has something special:
it uses GCC 5.x, which is known to cause some build issues with various
packages.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons