[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Wed Jul 22 17:53:05 UTC 2015

Hi Waldemar,

Le 22/07/2015 18:27, Waldemar Brodkorb a écrit :
> Hi Romain,
> Romain Naour wrote,

>>> Another uClibc static linking problem. Waldemar?
>>>

>> Waldemar, I think you can skip this issue since I'm working on the efl bump to
>> the latest release and I had to disable the efl package for uClibc-ng.
>>
>> I had a link issue:
>> lib/eina/.libs/libeina.so: undefined reference to `mkstemps'
>> It turn out that mkstemps and mkostemps are not available in uClibc-ng.
>
> Do you have a patch to test your bump and the issue with buildroot?

You can try with efl-1.14.2-v3 branch from my github repo:

https://github.com/RomainNaour/buildroot/tree/efl-1.14.2-v3

With this config:

BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_CUSTOM=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_DOWNLOAD=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_URL="http://autobuild.buildroot.org/toolchains/tarballs/br-i386-pentium4-full-2015.05-496-g85945aa.tar.bz2"
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_CUSTOM_PREFIX="i686-buildroot-linux-uclibc"
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_HEADERS_3_2=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LOCALE=y
# BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_HAS_THREADS_DEBUG is not set
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_INET_RPC=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_CXX=y
BR2_ROOTFS_DEVICE_CREATION_DYNAMIC_EUDEV=y
BR2_PACKAGE_EFL=y
BR2_PACKAGE_EFL_JPEG=y
BR2_PACKAGE_XORG7=y

EFL libeina library use mkstemps from here:
https://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/tree/src/lib/eina/eina_file_common.c?h=efl-1.14#n941

It seems that they really use the subfix at some place in the code.

> May be efl developers could be convinced to use something more standard like?
> mkstemps() seems very glibc specific.

Indeed, man pages says that mkstemps() is unstandardized.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Romain