[Buildroot] [arc-buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] arc build results for 2015-07-29

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Thu Jul 30 13:14:16 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 2015-07-30 at 12:06 +0300, Alexey Brodkin wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> >          arc |                    sudo-1.8.13 | NOK |
> >
> > http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/1b77539d08ffd950317a58cef8e2a4ce624c4710/
> ------------------------->8--------------------
> /home/test/autobuild/instance-0/output/host/usr/arc-buildroot-linux-uclibc/sysroot/usr/lib/libc.a(getenv.os): In
> function `__GI_getenv':
> getenv.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `getenv'
> env_hooks.o:env_hooks.c:(.text+0x11c): first defined here
> ------------------------->8--------------------
>
> I believe something similar to the issue Vincente fixed for Bash, see
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=9623ff651f83a350819719f10705552da9793205
>
> Will look into that and prepare a patch.

Looks like there's no simple way to resolve this issue with static building on "sudo" against uClibc.
There's no autoconf option to disable internal implementation of "getenv" and somehow "sudo" could be
built as a static binary on my x86 host (obviously with glibc).

I'd say that this has something to do with uClibc (how it differs in implementation of "getenv")
compared to glibc but this is out of my scope of knowledge.

Probably Waldemar might be interested in that issue as well.

And as a dirty hack we may disable "sudo" in static builds but I don't like this approach personally
knowing that could be done with another libc implementation.

And indeed this is arch-independent problem with uClibc.

-Alexey