[Buildroot] Kernel zImage under 1MB

Michal Gonda gonda.miso at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:17:40 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I am trying to build *minimal kernel under 1 Mb with Buildroot*. It is
intended for small board with *qspi memory* and *basic functionality,
ethernet, usb, spi,* and *some GPIO's*. Basic terminal access via *ssh* and
*UART*. My first thoughts are if it is even possible to modify kernel
*.config* via *linux-menuconfig* to reach this size.

Also if it is possible to *identify the redundant parts* without deep
knowledge about kernel architecture and exclude them from compilation.

If someone can direct me to good direction how to solve this problem or
even specify some tools and ways how to do it would be very helpful.

Thank you!