[Buildroot] Building bootable usb drive for target board with ext2

Patricia Holden patholdn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 22:43:09 UTC 2015

I copied the boot directory to the USB after extracting it from rootfs.tar,
copied bzImage to /boot, and  successfully got grub onto the USB device
following the grub help instructions.  Then I moved the USB to my target
and powered it up.  The grub prompt came up (yay, one step further!).  I
tried to boot or reboot but it says my kernel is missing.  Is there
something else I'm missing in my config file for buildroot?  do I need to
give grub special kernel instructions?