[Buildroot] Buildroot 2015.02 released

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sun Mar 1 21:56:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

Buildroot 2015.02 is released - Go download it at:

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2015.02.tar.gz

or

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2015.02.tar.bz2

Or get it from Git:

git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot

Please give it a spin and report any problems to the mailing list or
bug tracker.

We once again had a lot (1250) of changess all over the tree.

Of noteworthy new features/changes we have:

- Static/shared library handling reworked. This is now a tristate
  (shared only / shared and static / static only). Default is now shared
  only to speed up the build. BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB is now called
  BR2_STATIC_LIBS.

- The toolchain (internal and external) will now warn when an unsafe
  library or header path is used (such as /usr/include or /usr/lib). If
  BR2_COMPILER_PARANOID_UNSAFE_PATH is enabled under build options this
  instead becomes an error.

- Architectures: Freescale E5500 and E6500 PowerPC support added,
  deprecated MIPS 1/2/3/4 support removed.

- New defconfigs: Freescale p2020ds, MIPS creator CI20, Raspberrypi with
  DT, UDOO Quad.

- 'make <foo>_defconfig' now saves the path to the defconfig in the
  .config, so a 'make savedefconfig' automatically updates it.

- Infrastructure for packages using the Erlang rebar tool has been added.

- Hashes for a large number of packages have been added. Hashes are now
  checked for both target and host packages.

- The system menu now has an option to automatically configure a network
  interface through DHCP at bootup.

- The default filesystem skeleton now uses a separate tmpfs for /run
  instead of a symlink to /tmp/ for security reasons / to protect
  against conflicts with user generated temporary files.

 - Large number of new packages (99): Erlang and Python modules, Kodi,
   SELinux support packages, ..

And the usual package version updates and bug fixes. See the CHANGES
file for details:

http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/plain/CHANGES?id=2015.02

Many thanks to the people contributing to this release:

git shortlog -s -n 2014.11..

   252	Gustavo Zacarias
   170	Thomas Petazzoni
   107	Peter Korsgaard
    85	Yann E. MORIN
    77	Bernd Kuhls
    65	Vicente Olivert Riera
    55	Romain Naour
    44	Baruch Siach
    26	Yegor Yefremov
    25	Arnout Vandecappelle
    25	Francois Perrad
    24	Jörg Krause
    23	Fabio Porcedda
    23	Peter Seiderer
    20	Samuel Martin
    17	Johan Oudinet
    13	Jerzy Grzegorek
    12	Jérôme Pouiller
    11	Maxime Hadjinlian
     9	Frank Hunleth
     7	Gregory Dymarek
     6	Alex Suykov
     6	Guido Martínez
     6	Richard Genoud
     6	Steve Kenton
     5	Bartosz Golaszewski
     5	Fatih Aşıcı
     5	Nathaniel Roach
     5	Paul Cercueil
     5	Pedro Aguilar
     5	Thierry Bultel
     4	Angelo Compagnucci
     4	Clayton Shotwell
     4	David Bender
     4	Floris Bos
     4	Ryan Coe
     4	Simon Marchi
     4	Zoltan Gyarmati
     3	Alexander Clouter
     3	Alexey Brodkin
     3	Bjørn Forsman
     3	Doug Kehn
     3	Ivo Slanina
     3	Luca Ceresoli
     3	Maxim Mikityanskiy
     3	Vivien Didelot
     2	Alan Ott
     2	André Hentschel
     2	Benoît Thébaudeau
     2	Danomi Manchego
     2	Guillaume GARDET
     2	Gwenhael Goavec-Merou
     2	Jens Stimpfle
     2	Nicolas Serafini
     2	Philippe Proulx
     2	Steve James
     2	erico.nunes
     1	Alvaro G. M
     1	Assaf Inbal
     1	Erico Nunes
     1	Ernesto L. Williams Jr
     1	Fabian Mewes
     1	Hadrien Boutteville
     1	Ilya Lipnitskiy
     1	Ivan Sergeev
     1	Jaap Crezee
     1	Jean-Paul Etienne
     1	Jeremy Kerr
     1	Jeremy Rosen
     1	Johan Derycke
     1	Julien Boibessot
     1	Karoly Kasza
     1	Nicolas Cavallari
     1	Oli Vogt
     1	Peter Kümmel
     1	Pierre Le Magourou
     1	Pieter De Gendt
     1	Pieter Ronsijn
     1	Ryan Barnett
     1	Sagaert Johan
     1	Spenser Gilliland
     1	Stefan Sørensen
     1	Sébastien Szymanski
     1	Thomas De Schampheleire
     1	Vanya Sergeev
     1	Vincent
     1	Volker Krause
     1	claurita
     1	gilles.talis at gmail.com

And a special thanks to our patch reviewers:

git log 2014.11.. | grep -Ei '(reviewed|acked)-by:' | \
    sed 's/.*by: //' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r

    152 "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
     13 Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind) <arnout at mind.be>
     11 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
     10 Vicente Olivert Riera <Vincent.Riera at imgtec.com>
      9 Romain Naour <romain.naour at openwide.fr>
      8 Samuel Martin <s.martin49 at gmail.com>
      7 Karoly Kasza <kaszak at gmail.com>
      4 Markos Chandras <Markos.Chandras at imgtec.com>
      1 Thomas De Schampheleire <thomas.de.schampheleire at gmail.com>
      1 Ryan Barnett <ryan.barnett at rockwellcollins.com>
      1 Peter Seiderer <ps.report at gmx.net>
      1 Matt Weber <matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com>
      1 "Matt Weber" <matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com>
      1 Luca Ceresoli <luca at lucaceresoli.net>
      1 Gustavo Zacarias <gustavo at zacarias.com.ar>
      1 Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda at gmail.com>
      1 Bernd Kuhls <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de>

Once again our autobuilders have helped us fix a huge amount of build
issues. Thanks to all the people reviewing failures and fixing issues:

for i in $(git log --format=%H 2014.11..); do \
    git show --quiet $i | grep -q http://autobuild && \
    git show --quiet --format="%an" $i ; done | sort | uniq -c | \
        sort -rn -k1

     31 Thomas Petazzoni
     22 Yann E. MORIN
     20 Peter Korsgaard
     19 Gustavo Zacarias
     17 Vicente Olivert Riera
     17 Baruch Siach
     14 Romain Naour
      7 Samuel Martin
      6 Peter Seiderer
      5 Alex Suykov
      4 Bernd Kuhls
      1 Yegor Yefremov
      1 Pedro Aguilar
      1 Nicolas Serafini
      1 Johan Derycke
      1 Frank Hunleth
      1 Angelo Compagnucci

This time again we had more than 80 unique contributors! I'm very happy
to see so many "new" people next to the "oldtimers".

This cycle we had a very nice developers meeting just after FOSDEM in
Brussels, Belgium. Many thanks to Google and Mind for sponsoring the
event and to all the participants for joining!

http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysFOSDEM2015

Next release will be 2015.05. Expect the first release candidate early
May and the final release at the end of the month.

Enjoy!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard