[Buildroot] Printing-related packages deprecated: cups, foomatic-filters, gutenprint and hplip

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Mar 16 21:30:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

If you're interested in printing related packages in Buildroot, or
want to help Buildroot in general, read on.

We have just marked the "CUPS" package deprecated. It has not been
updated since May 2012, and our currently packaged version is 1.3.11
while upstream is at 2.0.2. Older versions such as 1.3.11 are known to
have major security issues, so we cannot continue to have it packaged
in Buildroot.

You can help by packaging CUPS 2.0.2, and also updating
foomatic-filters, gutenprint and hplip if needed.

Thanks for your help,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons