[Buildroot] Compile Crypto++ package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Mar 4 10:37:28 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 11:33:59 +0800, hardik gohil wrote:

> I am using buildroot to compile packages for MIPS architecture till now.
>
> I want to compile Crypto++ which is not available in Buildroot-2013.02.
>
> I don't want to use libgcrypt which is available.
>
> Crypto++ uses GNUmakefile method but not autoconf (./configure) to compile.
>
> Is it possible to Integrate this into buildroot or i need to compile
> separately outside by setting all the paths.

Of course it is possible to integrate this package in Buildroot. You
seem to believe that only autoconf-based packages can be supported but
that's not the case: autoconf/automake based packages are supported
using the autotools-package infrastructure, but we also support CMake,
Perl, Python, Luarocks, and other types of packages.

And for packages having a custom build system such as a manual makefile
(which is the case of Crypto++), we have the generic-package
infrastructure.

> Help me?

Please read the Buildroot documentation:
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#adding-packages. And
specifically the part about generic-package:
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_infrastructure_for_packages_with_specific_build_systems.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons