[Buildroot] [V2 2/2] graph-depends: add an option --stop-on-virtual

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Mar 9 20:15:08 UTC 2015

Dear François Perrad,

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 20:32:16 +0100, François Perrad wrote:

> I agree with you.
> The graphs become quickly too large.
> The current option --depth seems to be only a workaround against an
> infinite recursion when the graph has a cycle.

Well, I don't really think --depth is meant to avoid infinite
recursion: I don't think it's possible to have infinite recursion since
we can't have cyclic dependencies in Buildroot.

> But at this time, we haven't found the good way (or the good use
> cases) to limit the size of the graph.

I believe being able to exclude certain packages (and their dependency
tree) would be useful.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons