[Buildroot] Changing permission recursively

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Mar 13 10:53:58 UTC 2015

Dear Baruch Siach,

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 12:27:41 +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:

> Another options is to simply cat a user provided script into
> $(FAKEROOT_SCRIPT) as part of the rootfs image generation at fs/common.mk.

Yes, this is something that has been proposed in the past.

Back then I think our thinking was: maybe it's a bit complicated for
normal users to understand the details of the fakeroot thing, and what
they should put in the custom fakeroot scripts vs. normal post-build
scripts.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons