[Buildroot] Blackfin Buildroot toolchain issue

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 17 14:30:28 UTC 2015

Dear Gustavo Zacarias,

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:20:29 -0300, Gustavo Zacarias wrote:

> This seems to be a problem with the internal toolchain since we don't
> enable tls for gcc, whereas ADIs toolchain does.

I think we should make the TLS option a blind option, and have it
unconditionally enabled, except if the architecture doesn't support it.

> Which may point to alsa-lib requiring toolchain tls support.

Indeed:

#ifndef DOC_HIDDEN
#ifdef HAVE___THREAD
#define TLS_PFX         __thread
#else
#define TLS_PFX         /* NOP */
#endif
#endif

static TLS_PFX snd_local_error_handler_t local_error = NULL;

So when thread support is available, alsa-lib assumes TLS support is there.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons