[Buildroot] 2015.08 release goals

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon May 4 14:30:10 UTC 2015

Ryan,

On Mon, 4 May 2015 09:20:50 -0500, Ryan Barnett wrote:

> We were hoping that our outstanding SE Linux patchset could be
> targeted for merge during this time too.

For 2015.05 it's obviously too late, Peter will probably cut -rc1
either today or in the next few days.

> The patches have seen a lot
> of changes since the last version including a reduction in the number
> of patches. We plan on sending out a v5 towards the end of this month.

Have you been able to work with upstream about the Python stuff?

Also, I think if you want to get things merged in 2015.08, it would be
good to increase the frequency of the patch submissions to take into
account review comments and so on. If you wait several months between
each iteration, then it's going to take ages because reviewers are
losing/forgetting the context and you kind of start over again from
scratch each time.

> I have updated the elinux page linked above with this.

Good!

Thanks a lot for working on this!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons