[Buildroot] Generating Debug Info Files

John OSullivan john.osullivan at cloudiumsystems.com
Fri May 15 11:05:25 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your reply, I already have debugging symbols on for the test
application running on my target but perf still complains:
Failed to open test_application, continuing without symbols

The file has symbols and is not stripped and gdb has no problem finding
the symbols so I think the issue is that perf is expecting to find the
symbols in some separate file, its difficult to get clarity on this but
I believe that in Ubuntu you would install a debug package, I believe
this installs separate files with symbol information in certain
locations like for example /usr/lib/.debug for libraries.
I was going to try and do something similar with my buildroot file
system to see if it resolved the perf problem.

regards
John