[Buildroot] showstopper 404 problem ...

Gergely Imreh imrehg at gmail.com
Tue May 26 06:34:51 UTC 2015

On 26 May 2015 at 03:50,  <g4 at novadsp.com> wrote:
> Hello Thomas and thanks
>
>> > BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_REPO_VERSION="4.0.4"
>> >
>> > BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_REPO_URL="git://git.ti.com/ti-linux-
>> kernel/ti-
>> > linux-
>> > kernel.git"
>>
>> As explained by Yegor, use the mainline kernel, not TI's fork.
>>

> As in kernel.org? An example or the canonical repo would be really handy.

I'd guess Thomas means that for the mainline kernel you don't need any
custom repo, just use the default kernel version (it's already 4.0.4
in the current Buildroot). Much simpler and quicker that way.

If for whatever reason you want to use the git version of the tree,
you can find the clone URLs at the bottom of this page:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/
The https://git.kernel.org/cgit/ has all the various kernel repos that
you will never have to use directly. Just FYI.

Cheers,
   Greg