[Buildroot] headers_install.sh linux/ioport.h

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Nov 16 06:26:02 UTC 2015

On 14-11-15 09:46, Michael Schweikart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have build a buildroot image with toolchain support and can build for example
> a application with use of the ncurses library inside eclipse.
> Now I need to have the possibility to access the ISA Bus. Therefor i need the
> linux/ioport.h header file of the kernel, but the include File
> is not copied into the directory "output/host/usr/i586-buildroot-linux-gnu". Why
> is this include file not copied. Is there a Kernel config option which i have to
> set correctly?

 ioport.h is a kernel header, not a userspace header, so it is not installed in
<sysroot>/usr/include/linux by linux's make headers_install.

 If you would have this header file, I doubt you'd be able to do much with it
anyway from userspace since the functions defined in it are not exported and the
macro definitions are as far as I know also not applicable to anything visible
in userspace.

 But perhaps you want to build a kernel module? In that case, you also have to
build the kernel using buildroot and use the kernel-module infrastructure [1].

 Regards,
 Arnout

[1] http://buildroot.org/manual.html#kernel-module-tutorial