[Buildroot] Kernel patches in Buildroot

Joao Pinto Joao.Pinto at synopsys.com
Tue Nov 17 17:13:31 UTC 2015

Hi!
I am trying to use BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR to indicate the global patch directory,
which has the following value:

BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR="snps-custom/packages"

I have a "snps-custom" folder which has a "packages" folder inside. Inside the
"packages" folder we have a folder for each package we need to patch, in this
example mplayer and the linux kernel.

--snps-custom
  --packages
    --linux-arc-axs101-20141021-3.13
	0001-XXXX.patch
	0002-YYYY.patch
    --mplayer
	0001-mplayer.patch
    --<packagename>
	000x-xxxxx.patch

The linux kernel patching system does not recognizes the
packages/linux-arc-axs101-20141021-3.13 patch folder. Could you give me a help
on this?

Thanks!

BR,
Joao Pinto