[Buildroot] Missing 'sys/queue.h' on musl

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Nov 29 22:33:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 23:14:48 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

> > Adding such a package would be a Buildroot peculiarity, which I would
> > prefer we avoid.
>
>  +1 to that.
>
>  Also take into account that we only install it to staging, so there is really
> nothing to gain from installing it conditionally.
>
>  The only question is whether to do it in the toolchain virtual package (which
> would be unusual to say the least), or duplicate it in the musl and external
> toolchain packages. I actually think the latter is the way to go.

That's all fine with me. It is a lot better than duplicating
sys/queue.h everywhere. It is kind of adding a patch on top of musl
that we would have to keep on our side forever, but since it's just a
separate header file, there's no maintenance cost, so I think it's fine.

Regarding doing it in the toolchain virtual package or duplicate in
musl and external toolchain packages, I don't have a strong opinion
either way, so if Arnout feels like doing the duplication is better
then so be it. Despite the duplication I also believe it is more
logical to have it in the musl and external toolchain packages, since
doing that in the toolchain virtual package would make that package no
longer purely virtual.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons