[Buildroot] Issues with the toolchain wrapper applied to the internal toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 14 08:58:28 UTC 2015

Arnout,

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 22:07:52 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>  One solution for both issues would be to deal with buildroot-built toolchains
> explicitly in the toolchain wrapper, i.e. detect the existence of .real and exec
> that one directly. Would that be an acceptable solution?

I think there are other situations where a .real file could exist, for
example for FLAT toolchains, there is often a wrapper that will call
elf2flt, and the real compiler is also called <something>.real, if I
remember correctly.

So maybe we need to adjust this to .buildroot-real or something that is
less likely to cause any sort of mis-detection?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons