[Buildroot] Starting network...

Lee, Tommy Tommy_Lee at alliedtelesis.com
Tue Sep 1 18:33:41 UTC 2015

Thomas,

My system's dhcpcd command only enables the unexpected eth2 for networking with no problems. What I am expecting is that Eth0 and eth1 are initially enabled by my system boot process - one for corporate networking; other for local segment engineering work.

Reading your "Device Tree for Dummies" PDF, I rebuilt my zImage and armada-385-db-ap.dtb with the .config DTS settings as:

BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DTS_SUPPORT=y
# BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_INTREE_DTS is not set
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_CUSTOM_DTS=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_DTS_PATH="./output/build/linux-4.0.4/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db-ap.dts"

The make process ends up with an erratic message saying:

cp: './output/build/linux-4.0.4/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db-ap.dts' and '/home/tclee/Downloads/aug10mon15/buildroot-2015.05/output/build/linux-4.0.4/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db-ap.dts' are the same file
make: *** [/home/tclee/Downloads/aug10mon15/buildroot-2015.05/output/build/linux-4.0.4/.stamp_built] Error 1

I am resolving this error now. Your help is definitely welcome.

Tommy