[Buildroot] Buildroot kconfig option

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Sun Sep 6 09:10:33 UTC 2015

Hi Katoch,

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 02:33:15PM +0530, Dinesh Guleria wrote:
> I am downloading kernel directly using buildroot. Then select "
> Using an in-tree defconfig file" then
> type the name of the defconfig.
>
> Here i am using a already existing defconfig file in kernel source tree.
>
> Now it could be the case existing configuration in Linux kernel source may
> not be as per my requirement.
>
> My question is, can i perform kconfig operation on the kernel source
> downloaded by buildroot , so that i can tune kernel as per my requirement ?
>
> Buildroot manual says :--
> "use make linux-menuconfig to open the Linux configuration editor"
> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#configure
>
> Or i download kernel source separately & configure it separately & tell
> buildroot to use it ?
>
> How you use to deal with this situation related to kernel kconfig ?

Please see "Linux kernel" in chapter 7 of the manual:
http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#_configuration_of_other_components.

For information on storing your modified kernel configuration see section 9.4:
http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#customize-store-package-config.

Hope this helps,
baruch