[Buildroot] EOVERFLOW fstat() error on cortex-A9 android when trying to load shared library

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Sep 8 15:24:17 UTC 2015

On 08-09-15 16:59, Alex Potapenko wrote:
[snip]
>     I would like to know if your nano configure says something like
>     this:
>     checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
>     Is your filesystem on the Android device bigger than 2 GB?
>     (where /opt and nano + libraries lives in)
>

> Yes, looking at nano config.log reveals this:
>
>     configure:5147: checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files
>     configure:5204: result: 64
>

> And /data partition that contains /opt is exactly 2 GB. Does this mean that it
> is a 32 bit file system, while the toolchain uses 64 bit file system interface?

 The -EOVERFLOW suggests the reverse: it's a large filesystem and we're making a
32-bit syscall.

 However, since we're building with LARGEFILE (which is forced in current
buildroot), all syscalls should be largefile syscalls so this issue should not
occur...

 However, in your 2015.08 config, I see you're using a custom uClibc config.
You're not turning off any largefile options there, are you?

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle      arnout dot vandecappelle at essensium dot com
Senior Embedded Software Architect . . . . . . +32-478-010353 (mobile)