[Buildroot] [RFC 3/6] system: add mdev-only /dev management (without devtmpfs)

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Sep 9 12:32:10 UTC 2015

On 09-09-15 14:29, Luca Ceresoli wrote:
> But ehen, if any user has an S05something that uses /dev, it would
> break. In order to reduce the risk to nearly zero, we might move
> S10mdev to S00mdev, so it runs (most likely) as the first script.
>
> This would slightly change the current behaviour for all cases, and
> start S01logging after mdev, not before. I tested it quickly and it
> looks like it works. Can you think of any problem with moving S10mdev
> to S00mdev?

 I'd prefer to have logging before mdev, so any fallout from mdev will appear in
the logs. So for me, S02mdev is fine.

 In my mdev-using projects I usually have a custom mdev script (to do more
extensive coldplugging) and I also move it to S02.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle      arnout dot vandecappelle at essensium dot com
Senior Embedded Software Architect . . . . . . +32-478-010353 (mobile)