[Buildroot] Xorg Segmentation fault now. Please help

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Sep 10 08:19:04 UTC 2015

On 10-09-15 09:15, Lennart Ramberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After having been away from Buildroot since last year, I'm at it again.
> But I had a setback;
>
> With 2014.11 the xorg-server runs allright.
> Jumping to 2015.08.1 the xorg-server won't run.
> Why might this be? Please help.
>
> Below is a part of my /var/log/Xorg.0.log after I executed 'X',
> as well as my defconfig (and there is nothing suspicious in the overlays).
> And I did a 'make clean all' first.

 I know nothing about X, but here are a few tips:

- I see you are using ccache. That is still not 100% reliable, so perhaps try
again with turning ccache off and do a make clean all.

- You could disable the intel driver and enable e.g. VESA or fbdev to isolate
where the issue is.

- You could try to vary the kernel and gcc versions.

 And of course, check the Xorg bug tracker.

 Regards,
 Arnout