[Buildroot] [RFC] Add pyudev package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 10 16:03:48 UTC 2015

Dear Yegor Yefremov,

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:57:02 +0200, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

> >> I haven't looked in detail, but isn't the solution to patch the Python
> >> find_library() function to make it not rely on gcc/objdump?
> >
> > It would be the best solution. Have you seen such a patch in the wild?
> > So far there was not much feedback in Python's bug tracker.
>
> Found this mail in our mailing list:
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2013-October/081483.html

Yes, that's probably the sort of changes we need to make. The only
issue is that the change is architecture/platform/C library specific,
so it's a bit annoying, but maybe we can come up with something smart
to handle that, or something stupid that we progressively extend to
cover the different platforms.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons