[Buildroot] using buildroot to statically build uclibc

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Sep 12 14:06:05 UTC 2015

On 11-09-15 11:50, Doha Ehab wrote:
> Hello ,
>  I am trying to statically build uclibc using buildroot to use it to cross
> compile mpich . when I generate uclibc toolchain using make menuconfig the
> executables in output/usr/host/bin are dynamically linked .

 output/usr/host/bin contains executables for the host. These are linked
dynamically and have an rpath setting to make sure the correct libraries are
found in output/usr/host/lib.

 The executables on the target (output/target and output/images) should be
statically linked.

 There is no way in buildroot to link the host binaries statically.

 Regards,
 Arnout