[Buildroot] Generating a defconfig

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Sep 21 17:08:06 UTC 2015

Joao,

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:12:19 +0100, Joao Pinto wrote:

> I am about to generate a buildroot' defconfig for ARM Juno r1 board, and I would
> like to know what is the std procedure to make this on buildroot.

Just create your Buildroot configuration, and then run:

	make savedefconfig

It will create a file named 'defconfig', which you can simply move to
configs/<foo>_defconfig.

You can also do it in one step like this:

	make BR2_DEFCONFIG=configs/<foo>_defconfig savedefconfig

Note that for the board defconfig, we have a few rules in Buildroot:

 * The version of the kernel headers and kernel must be fixed (you
   should not use the "latest version" option)

 * The configuration should be minimal, i.e nothing but the default
   userspace package (just Busybox).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons