[Buildroot] Default configuration for Ka-Ro TX25 module

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Sep 22 07:49:07 UTC 2015

On 22-09-15 08:55, Baruch Siach wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:08:22PM +0000, Matthew Kerr wrote:
[snip]
>> 3)      Can I do anything with the Ka-Ro supplied rootfs or should I just
>> let Buildroot generate this for me?
>
> Buildroot supports helper mechanisms to ease local customization of generated
> rootfs, like rootfs overlay, and post build script. See
> http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#customize for more details.

 Note that the binaries in the Ka-Ro supplied rootfs will most likely not work,
unless you also reuse their toolchain.

 Reusing their toolchain is BTW pretty easy as well: copy the toolchain out of
the VM and install it in the same location on your host, and in buildroot select
'External toolchain', 'custom toolchain', 'pre-installed toolchain', and point
'toolchain path' to where the toolchain resided (excluding the bin/ part). Then
you'll have to specify the toolchain properties: which standard C library is
used (most likely glibc), the gcc version, and the kernel headers version. If
you make a mistake there, buildroot will tell you what is wrong.

 One possible issue you may run into is that they also have custom versions for
some of the user-space programs, e.g. for bluetooth or wifi support. If that is
the case, it is probably easiest (to start with) to use the vendor-supplied
toolchain as I described above and just copy those binaries from the
vendor-supplied rootfs.

 Regards,
 Arnout