[Buildroot] Disabling Automatic Source Fetching

Crast, Nicholas Nicholas.Crast at saabsensis.com
Tue Sep 29 15:53:09 UTC 2015

Perfect.

Thanks Thomas!

-Nick

Nick Crast
Software Engineer
Saab Sensis Corporation
Phone: 315-445-5703
Email: Nicholas.Crast at saabsensis.com

-----Original Message-----
From: buildroot [mailto:buildroot-bounces at busybox.net] On Behalf Of Thomas Petazzoni
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:38 AM
To: Crast, Nicholas
Cc: buildroot at busybox.net
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] Disabling Automatic Source Fetching

Hello,

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:40:37 +0000, Crast, Nicholas wrote:

> I've been hunting for awhile, but I cannot find anything about this.
> I want to disable Buildroot's automatic fetching of sources over the
> network. We would like to go download any source packages ourselves
> manually. Is there some sort of global configuration option to stop
> Buildroot from accessing the network?

The best way is to enable BR2_PRIMARY_SITE_ONLY=y. If you set this option, Buildroot will only ever look for source code in two places:

 * In the local cache, indicated by BR2_DL_DIR, which defaults to the
   dl/ folder.

 * In the HTTP/FTP server indicated by BR2_PRIMARY_SITE, which is empty
   by default.

So basically, if you set BR2_PRIMARY_SITE_ONLY=y, and leave BR2_PRIMARY_SITE empty, Buildroot will only look into the local cache and not download anything from the network.

See also slide 99 and following in
http://free-electrons.com/doc/training/buildroot/buildroot-slides.pdf.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com _______________________________________________