[Buildroot] Fwd: [RPi3] Trying to test WiFi On Raspberr Pi 3

Oscar Gomez Fuente oscargomezf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 06:27:22 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

I've tried with both repositories, the RPi-Distro [
https://github.com/RPi-Distro/firmware-nonfree/tree/master/brcm80211/brcm]
and OpenELEC [ https://github.com/OpenELEC/wlan-firmware] both works fine.
It seems to be they are the same bin file (I made a kompare between them).

But the questions is, Could anyone add this files to the linux-firmware
package, or Could we create a new build package called
linux-firmware-nonfree with this files? I don't have any idea If we can get
this files from a legal point of view.

Best regards.