[Buildroot] Multi-File Kernel Module Build Fails

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Apr 26 19:49:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:44:28 -0400, Stephen Beckwith wrote:

>    I posted this same issue last week and received no response.  After some
> more investigation and trying several different options, I am still STUCK
> and cannot move forward.

Since you didn't post your entire code, we're not able to reproduce the
exact same situation. However, to show how things can work, I've
created a minimal example of a kernel module with two C files and one
header file (to mimic your use case) and then the corresponding
Buildroot package.

See:

  http://thomas.enix.org/example-kernel-module.html

for all the files, both the kernel module itself and the Buildroot
packaging.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons