[Buildroot] Question regarding support/kconfig

Manuel Groß mgr at nordkrater.de
Tue Aug 30 08:15:45 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I am failing to find some documentation or explanatory commit-message
on this topic, so I hope I'll gain some insight here.
If there is any existing documentation on this, I'll happily accept
pointers :)

I want to use the support/kconfig/merge_config.sh script outside
buildroot to merge buildroot config fragments. To do so, I need the
script to recognise options beginning with 'BR2_' instead of 'CONFIG_'.
I noticed a patch for the script lying around
(patches/01-kconfig-kernel-to-buildroot.patch), which contains exactly
those modifications.

Now to my question(s):
Am I supposed to apply these patches outside buildroot, or is there
another, proper way to patch the script? Am I breaking anything by
patching the script?
--
Grüße/Regards
Manuel Groß