[Buildroot] Is there an equivalent of yocto's devshell?

Ottavio Campana o.campana at videotec.com
Wed Aug 31 16:12:37 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm quite new to buildroot, and I am trying to check how I can use it in one project. I am very familiar with yocto, so I am trying to re-learn how to do things with buildroot.

Particularly, I am not able to find if buildroot offers a feature similar to the devshell of yocto. The devshell is a shell with all the environment variables already set, so that it is possibile to invoke commands such as make in the same way that the build process does. By working in the devshell, a developer can work already in the correct environment for cross-compiling, which can save a lot of time.

Does something similar to the devshell exist in buildroot?

Thank you

Ottavio